Western Slope Hemp Growers Association (WSHGA) is a trade association created to strengthen the solidarity and effectiveness of hemp farmers on the western slope of Colorado. Colorado has the potential to create a new economy with industrial hemp. Our purpose is to assist western Colorado farmers who are interested in growing industrial hemp by networking with potential partners to create green jobs and green products for Coloradans.
Hemp can be used for food, fuel, building materials, paper, fiber, plastics and cosmetics. The list of eco-friendly applications for hemp are endless. Many American companies are using industrial hemp sourced from other countries in a wide variety of products and the market is steadily growing. Our goal is to help western Colorado growers take advantage of this market and gain a foothold in the hemp economy.
“Thank you for submitting your Hemp Harvest Notification. Your statement of disposition is consistent with the program rules for Research and Development as the seed and plant material are not intended for sale but to be used for fiber and biomass research. The information and updates you share are helpful for us to gain a better understanding of the challenges our registrants face in this emerging industry. Your resilience and forthright communication only work to strengthen and improve Colorado’s hemp industry.”
Sharon Farr, Administrative Assistant, Division of Plant Industry
To create green jobs and green products for the western slope of Colorado.
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated February 19, 2018
- Legislation would help West Virginia's hemp industry - WV News February 19, 2018
- Federal court hears hemp industry lawsuit challenging DEA's CBD ... - The Cannabist February 16, 2018
- Hemp State Highlight: Colorado's market dominance threatened by falling prices, processing logjams - Marijuana Business Daily February 15, 2018
- Hot Hemp: How High THC Levels Can Ruin a Legal Hemp Harvest - Westword February 14, 2018
- Sipp Industries Announces New Production of Major Hemp Brown ... - GlobeNewswire (press release) February 12, 2018